Need a HOB skimmer or other filter quick!!!

Erock

I'm hoping that someone has an extra hang on back type skimmer or canister filter or something for my 45 gallon. I had a penguin biowheel filter in it but it crapped out yesterday (after only like 5 months. anyone know warranty details), and i just need something to take over. I was planning on upgrading anyway, i guess it just has to be a paycheck earlier.

Also looking for one powerhead and a fan of some sorts, or something else to keep it cool. the temp got almost to 90 after being on for a full 10 or so hours. I'm almost certain that i cant afford a chiller but who knows. if anyone has any good DIY type ideas of how to do this i would love the info.

Thanks, this site has been like my bible for the last few weeks!!!

eric

There is a 4 fan combo unit for around $30 on ebay that seems to work great. I have one on my solana and if I keep it running all day my temp wont come above 77, and that is with a 250W MH hanging above.

There is a 4 fan combo unit for around $30 on ebay that seems to work great. I have one on my solana and if I keep it running all day my temp wont come above 77, and that is with a 250W MH hanging above.

do you happen to have a link or any other info? I'll check it out after work today. Thanks alot. sounds like exactly what i need.

eric

• 1 month later...