FS: FILTER SOCKS / Micron Bags

Tom619

Hey guys, so my mom is a retired seamstress so she's been able to make these filter socks for my own tank. I'm just wondering if anyone wants them too. Same excellent quality as retailed socks which go for $8-12 a piece! we're selling for so cheap that obviously it’s not for profit, but merely as a great service contribution to the reefing society to have them available because we all know how expensive this hobby is. More importantly, most vendors don't carry them.

filtersocks2.png

STEP 1) Choose Size and Prices:

....Larger Size: 9x14" (~9x14" when flat. ring diameter ~6")

....3 for $10

....(most popular size)

....Regular size: 6x11" (~6x11" when flat. ring diameter ~4")

....4 for $10

....Customized sizes:

....- size at your request

....- please call or pm for quote

....- must pay in advance or deposit. (paypal)

....*FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OF $30 or MORE! ($9 value)

....*sizes are approximate, with variance of .5"

STEP 2) Choose RING or STRING:

....a) Default is with Adjustable Nylon string, drawstring style. (preferred). (see pictures below)

....cool.gif With Plastic Ring. Limited Supply. Add .50 cents to each. (see pictures below)

Shipping:

- Shipping is only $3 to anywhere in U.S. [arrives within 2-3 days].

- FREE SHIPPING for purchases of $30+ ($9 value)

- I will ship out as soon as payment is received.

Payment methods:

- Paypal (preferred)

....Send to Paypal ID: [email protected]

....First Timer Instructions: Sign in at Paypal.com, then go to Send Money tab. Send correct amount (+ shipping) to my Paypal email ID. I will ship asap.

....For quicker service, simply just Paypal with your Order+ID in "Comments". You will receive confirmation of the shipment (tracking#) to your paypal email shortly.

Background Product Information:

- Most convenient form of mechanical filtration to remove organic waste resulting in crystal clear water.

- Help collect and clear micro bubbles too!

- Help prevent larger objects, such as sand, crabs, snails, etc. from damaging pump motors.

- Reef-safe! I use them for my reef for over a year, freshwater tank, and for my pond outside.

- Inside layer has different texture for easier cleaning.

- Durable polyester micron fabric .

- Double-seamed all around for strength and security. see picture.

- To clean, i usually spray them with a pressured garden hose. I've also heard of others throwing them in the laundry machine, though i don't advise b/c of the detergent issue.

- Durable enough to be reusable, yet affordable enough to be disposable!

Contact Information:

Tom

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (619) 808 1195

if I left anything out, please feel free to ask!

socks222.png

socks3.png

"FILTER SOCKS/ Micron Bags are the most convenient form of mechanical filtration. They remove excess food, detritus, organic waste, dust, and other particulates. Removing these particulates from the water column will reduce the amount of organic matter that produces ammonia and other undesirable substances in the aquarium. Filter socks also help prevent larger objects, such as sand, crabs, snails, etc. from damaging pump motors. Regular filter sock use will lower organic levels and result in CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER!"

In Action!:

socks3-1.png

....How does a sump work?

....http://www.melevsreef.com/what_sump.html

....Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sumps

....http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-01/gt/index.php

....My tank

....http://www.austinreefclub.com/index.php?sh...st=0#entry24404

To clean mine, I have always just thrown them in the washer with a small amount of bleach. That way I don't spray myself in the face with the hose. LOL

I'm going to give yours a go. (3) 9x14 for $10 + 3 rings for $1.50 + $3 for shipping comes to $14.50 right?

I'd be willing to DOUBLE that order and order with you Starfire if that will lower our shipping costs to FREE. Let me know if you'd like to do it that way. SO I'd owe $23? Our total would be $34.50. I'll Paypal the amount today if you'd like and then we'll square up at arrival.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...