anyone know where to get one of these

AndrewT

this was on my pump to my skimmer. However the barb where the hose from my collection cup plugs up to broke so skimmers not working anymore. I need to find another or something to function as this piece did. Anyone seen a piece like this at lfs or have one??? Help please

Can you post a pic of what it looked like when it was attached to the skimmer so we can see how it is supposed to operate. That way maybe someone can think of a retro fit that will work

post-641-1231991393.jpg

post-641-1231991413.jpg

post-641-1231991442.jpg

post-641-1231991455.jpg

Andrew,

You can get rigid tubing at any petsmart or petco and I believe it comes in different sizes (diameter of tubing). Just to make sure, bring the part with you so you can get a tight fitting and use PVC cement glue.....you won't need much and let it set ( a few minutes it will take). The tubing is cheap and so is the glue (purchase at homedepot or lowes). And if it ever brakes again, you can repair it again ----- you'll have plenty leftover.

-Cindy-

WHY DONT YOU JUST GET AN AIRLINE TUBE COUPLER DRILL OUT THE HOLE AND STICK ONE END OF THE COUPLER IN THE HOLE AND THE OTHER END YOU HOOK UP YOUR TUBE

i have no clue what this means

i have no clue what this means

OK .... YOU KNOW THE PLASTIC PIECE THAT YOU USE TO CONNECT 2 PIECES OF AIR LINE TUBING TOGETHER ?

IT LOOKS LIKE WHAT BROKE OFF BUT IT IS DOUBLE SIDED SO YOU CAN CONNECT 2 PIECES OF TUBE TOGETHER AND MAKE 1 TUBE. JUST GET ONE OF THOSE AND STICK IT IN THE HOLE, THEN YOU WILL HAVE THE OTHER END STICKING OUT SO YOU CAN CONNECT YOUR TUBE TO IT. I SAID YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DRILL THE HOLE OUT A BIT TO MAKE IT FIT.

OK .... YOU KNOW THE PLASTIC PIECE THAT YOU USE TO CONNECT 2 PIECES OF AIR LINE TUBING TOGETHER ?

IT LOOKS LIKE WHAT BROKE OFF BUT IT IS DOUBLE SIDED SO YOU CAN CONNECT 2 PIECES OF TUBE TOGETHER AND MAKE 1 TUBE. JUST GET ONE OF THOSE AND STICK IT IN THE HOLE, THEN YOU WILL HAVE THE OTHER END STICKING OUT SO YOU CAN CONNECT YOUR TUBE TO IT. I SAID YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DRILL THE HOLE OUT A BIT TO MAKE IT FIT.

Thanks for you reply and the help that you offer, but please do not type in all caps. It's hard to read and it's considered shouting.

its all good thanks for the help guys. I actually just bored out the hole where the barb used to be and shoved the tube in there where it was snug then siliconed around it to make it air tight. its ugly but it works