Free Christmas Wrasse

zhorne

I have had this Christmas wrasse ~1yr and he is in perfect health. This guy can pick small snails and hermit crabs apart in seconds. He will not bother larger snails/hermits/shrimp. He has lately started really harassing my pair of green mandarins and I do not want to stress those fish out.

I had planned on taking him to the LFS, but I figured I would prefer giving him away for free to a local reefer. If you want him he is yours, I would prefer someone to pick him up in the next 48hrs as I have him in a small holding pen. On Tuesday I will probably just take him to the LFS and get whatever I can for him.

This fish and I have been going at it for a few months now and I did a happy dance when I knew I had him

pic of the capture, totally safe

gallery_238_7_7967.jpg

pic of fish in trap

gallery_238_7_8716.jpg

im interested. How reef safe is he.

depends on your definition of reef safe. the fish does not nip at corals/anemones/etc..., but he will attack small snails/hermits. Like I said in the original post, the reason I am getting rid of him is that I don't want the fish harassing my mandarins. My larger Flame Hawk(have a pair) puts him in his place, but the mandarins are always getting nipped at by the wrasse.

hope that tells you what you need to know...BTW the fish will eat any type of food you put in the tank, literally