Tank tour

Robb in Austin

Interesting thread got started here!! By the way, so much for analyzing "Beefytang's" post LOL. I can't help it but its way too funny, kind of late to be up at this time and I didn't have my java today :) No offense just had to point out the funny side.

-Cindy-

Caferacermike is great. I also think he would make an excellent meeting organizer. He's got my vote.

He's got all the essential ingredients. He knows his reef. Apparently has a 400 gallon tank and a lethal octopus that would cower most mortals. He has people skills and the enthusiasm for organizing. Couldn't think of anyone more suited for the job.

Party bus is a good idea, though it can get expensive. We chartered one for about 15 people, and it was $30 per person for the whole day, and the bus was comfortably full.

$30 a person...! That's like an SPS frag each. Forget it...I'll save my money. :)

I know you don't like making appointments but you must make one and go see Austin Aqua Farms in Taylor. All top down viewing and frags galore!

I didn't know he allowed such things. I've seen his site (I'm on his mailing list too) and loved what I saw. It's very impressive. I guess my hesitation with making appointments is that I don't have a lot of money to spend, or room in my tank if I did. I'd just be wasting his time. Someday I'd like to bump up an extra 10 gallons and at that time, might have to make an appointment, like you mentioned. Thanks.

My house is available for tours, meeting, beer drinking, etc. I know that azcummings wanted to setup a 'meeting' to hang out, talk, and drink.

I think the Austin Pond Tour is pretty well organized and gives the general public a chance to see everyone's hard work. If we follow their example I think it could be a very successful event. It will take some time and dedication from a few people to make it happen.

Dave

Totally irrelevant but I prefer entire colonies. Why screw around spending serious coin at the lfs for a frag when you can have the entire colony for just about the same price as a store bought frag? Why buy one head of frogspawn for $20 at the LFS when you can generally get a 6 head colony for $45? That just does not make sense to me. Frags are for friends. That's what the whole spirit of having a reef club sums up. Buying, swapping, trading and hanging out with each other.

Totally irrelevant but I prefer entire colonies. Why screw around spending serious coin at the lfs for a frag when you can have the entire colony for just about the same price as a store bought frag? Why buy one head of frogspawn for $20 at the LFS when you can generally get a 6 head colony for $45? That just does not make sense to me. Frags are for friends. That's what the whole spirit of having a reef club sums up. Buying, swapping, trading and hanging out with each other.

Makes sense if you have a large tank. But in my case, I don't have a lot of room in my tank. Plus it's interesting to watch frags grow out. To each their own. There's a market for both scenarios.

Makes sense if you have a large tank. But in my case, I don't have a lot of room in my tank. Plus it's interesting to watch frags grow out. To each their own. There's a market for both scenarios.

And ahem, that's EXACTLY why we should have tank tours and meetings. So that people like yourself have an opportunity to save a little coin, make some friends, and ask for frags from fully established tanks.

Can't argue with that.

So let's all get on with the planning of tank tours.

I believe that Renman offered his place up for a meeting at the end of this month. Let's all ask him what we should bring as far as soda, beer, chips, Tomenaro cheese cakes, pizza, etc...