70 gallons of fun (hopefully)

manhorsedog

Hello everybody! I am not really new here or to austin but still fresh. Moved here in december of last year and what a crazy year it was.

Hope to share what is going n with my tank and learn a few things :D

A few months ago something on this site was getting rid of a 70g tall tank with stand for 100$. Went to check it out and while the tank/stand it self was not the nicest still ended up picking it up due to extras and potential.

Here are some of the things it came with.

IMG_0217.jpg

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

to me the rock alone was worth the cost. After some cleaning, sanding, and painting of the stand this is what we had.

DSC01522.jpg

i tried really hard to get some minor scratches out of the glass but it was just not worth it as the results were.......well there was none. So i decided i would buy i new tank, went and ordered a 70g tall deep sea tank and i must say im in love. Great tank! After cleaning the rocks ordering a bunch of things i finally got it set up.

DSC01536.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

The other day we stopped by a local reefers house and i ended up with two really nice rocks. And guess what.....they fit prfect cool.gif

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

so this is kinda where i am at right now, i just ordered another clip for my tunze 6045 and ordered a 6085 in hopes it would not be to much flow. I have heard mixed things but we shall see. Also i am having a really hard time with lighting, I just dont know. I would really like to get a t5 fixture with fans to keep temp and cost down. You just hear some many different things about them all, if you guys/gals have any input on the lights please let me know.

Trying to keep all kinds of coral mostly soft, lps, and a few easier sps

thanks for looking!