ick broke out, need qt tank to treat hypo

reeflover

My 120g got ick so i would like to know if anyone can loan me your qt tank. A good sice tank from 40-60g since it is for flame angel, powder brown, copper banded, and hippo. I recently introduced a healthy hippo but got harassed by the powder brown causing ick out brake. I am not sure if the powder brown and hippo will get along in 120g. Anyway, i am going to treat hypo for all 4 fishes (hince i need big tank for these guys). Do you think smaller tank will be ok for 6-8 weeks? I rather QT them in bigger tank but i dont have one.

If anyone have one that i could borrow 6-8 weeks. I can put down the deposit, also willing to pay for loan it to me. Please let me know if anyone can help. thanks

I hope you get it under control. I tend to agree with Mike, although I have read of people having success with Hypo. It is a very delicate process though.

On a side not I think a Hippo and a Powder Brown are too much for a 120. The Hippo gets huge! That might solve the problem.

I have had better results with a good ro di water change and feed them real good. they usually pull thru on thier own.Ick medicine and moving the fish seems to stress them out more causing death. I havent lost a fish in years.

Hi Mike!

I thought about this for few days before posted. I usually had luck with water change and keep them feeding, but this time it doesnt seem to help much. I even soaked food with fresh garlic extract, and selcon but no improvement so far. This has been going on for about 10days already. Some days ick looks seem less and some days just full of it. It could've been worse if i didnt have 2 cleaner shrimps. I am going to wait 1 more day to see if any miracle happen soon.

I hope you get it under control. I tend to agree with Mike, although I have read of people having success with Hypo. It is a very delicate process though.

On a side not I think a Hippo and a Powder Brown are too much for a 120. The Hippo gets huge! That might solve the problem.

Hi Gabriel!

Thanks for your reply, i really like to treat them Hypo. But again, i am afraid to stress them any further like Mike said. Since they are in 120G and full of 130lbs of live rock, it wont be easy to catch them guys and i still have havent found big tank to use as QT yet. I just picked up the 26 gal from Jerermy ( thanks for your give away) thinking about using it but afraid it is a bit small to house that many fishes.

I'll keep my finger cross on the Hippo to get quickly bigger than the powder brown so he wont have to put up with powder brown. My hippo been in 2 weeks but power brown still tries to harrass him still but it is way much less than compare to how it was at the beginning.

Like i said, i will wait 1 more day to see. Thanks to both of you.

Try getting a product called Ick Attack, but make sure that it is the kind which is o.k. for inverts and corals. It is an herbal remedy, but my husband and I had great luck with this product. Hunter at the Dome had also heard good things about it. You can probably find it online....just make sure you get the kind which is safe for corals and inverts...(sorry to repeat myself, but I just want to be sure you don't get the wrong kind if you choose to go this route).

I think something must have happened in your tank to stress them and cause an outbreak.

Try getting a product called Ick Attack, but make sure that it is the kind which is o.k. for inverts and corals. It is an herbal remedy, but my husband and I had great luck with this product. Hunter at the Dome had also heard good things about it. You can probably find it online....just make sure you get the kind which is safe for corals and inverts...(sorry to repeat myself, but I just want to be sure you don't get the wrong kind if you choose to go this route).

I think something must have happened in your tank to stress them and cause an outbreak.

I already moved all my fishes to QT 4 days ago and they being treated hypo. Amazing they already look much better and there is only a few white spot left on my hippo. The rest of the fishes are clear and eating, active like they havent got ick. I just have to continue to monitor QT water condition very closely for the next 6 weeks while i left my DT fishless for the same amount of time. I hope my fishes will make it by then.

I havent heard about Ick Attack, i will do more reading about it. since i am in the process treating hypo, i will continue to treat till it is done. However, i will research more on the ick attack. Thanks for your reponse.