250W MH recomendation

medi

I initially was going with the 150W sunpod for my new Solana, but after some research and a few recomendations by other members I think I will go with a 250W MH. I was wondering if anyone has any advice about a cheaper, but good quality, 250 MH Light.

I think I am going to attempt to build a light. I have used an icecap 660 VHO on a past tank and agree with you that they are a great product, but this will be my first attempt to piece together a light. Could you please help me out with the specifics as far as which 250W MH icecap ballast is better, and what fixture and where to buy. I want to make sure I do this right the first time. Thanks

well my insomnia is kicking in, so I decided to come and sit on the computer for a little while. In my sleepless haze I checked out hellolights.com and came across a light that seems like a good deal to me. Aqua Medic's Ocean Light 250W HQI with a phoenix 14k for 279.00 plus a free $50 dollar gift certificate. I did a lot of research on the 'net and heard nothing but positive reviews on this particular fixture, but since I am still new to the MH I want to run this by the club and make sure I did not just make a huge mistake. Please let me know anything that anyone knows about this light. This is why I am not supposed to be on the computer at 3AM...spend way to much money. Thanks for the help.

Here is the link if anyone wants to check this out further.

http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageA...amp;ProdID=1283