Purple Tube Anemone

medi

I have a purple and fluorescent green tube anemone that I recently acquired from someone that was tearing down there tank. I really like it, but I don't feel my setup is optimal. I would be willing to sell or trade it for maybe a couple of frags. I don't really know what these usually sell for so make me an offer. I will post a pic as soon as I get a chance

BTW, I killed mine. They look awesome in the tank though!!! They glow unbelievably nice. I would get this one if I didn't have some many frags all over the place right now. I'm jealous!

Dena

I think I paid about $35-$40 for my pink one, but some are higher depending on color.

From a website, gotta feed it:

The Tube Anemone is best kept in a reef with a soft, deep substrate. It creates its tube from the nematocysts that it has discharged. Their coloration is highly variable and the most popular colors are bright orange, bright purple and bright green. The ideal aquarium for the Tube Anemone is one with a deep sand bed, plenty of live rock and a refugium for a natural food source. They are non-photosynthetic and do not require intense lighting. In fact, they are nocturnal in nature and will take time to begin to open during the illuminated hours. Because they are not photosynthetic, they need to be fed regularly when it is fully expanded. Feed small frozen foods such as brine or mysis shrimp, chopped pieces of fish and zooplankton.

All right well I decided I better check around before I sell. I called RCA and Aquatek and they both quoted a price around $40 - $50 for the purple with green center tube anemone. I guess I will ask $40 OBO or two nice frags. Also, I will try to get figure out a way to get a better picture posted

Maybe it's cause I'm cute and buy things in person and not over the phone. I sure like being this cute. Feel free to drop by and check my receipt and check out my tube anemone anytime, my other one is a foot long.

But yeah seriously, all tube anemones at the Tek are "in the sand", everything on the sandbed in that tank is $15. I bought the nicest one, of course, that is why they just told you "we have ugly brown ones for $15". It's kind of a no brainer when think about it.

My offer still stands. I'd be willing to drive to Gtown to pick up. Otherwise I'll pass as it's way to close to Xmas and A certain store is having a blow out this weekend. Woohooo...

I'll take it! I'll PM you later to discuss. Now that I know more about it, I feel more comfortable adding another. I just assumed they were like other anemone's.

About Aquatek...I don't go there often because everytime I do I hear bad advice given. It seems to come from the younger workers in the store. For instance, one was selling dried brine shrimp to a lady buying a mandarin goby and told her that's what they eat. He did say she could supplement with live brine shrimp. However, we all know how hard it is to get a mandarin to anything but pods. AND...they sell live pods there. I told the lady as we walked out that the pods were better, but if she had a large established tank she probably wouldn't need anything. Luckily she has a 200+ gallon tank so there are probably lots of critters.

So...they may have screwed up on the price...or you definitely could have been taken back by your presence LOL.

Dena

well...I just saw the ad for the sale tomorrow, and I am seriously thinking about picking up the new solara. If that is the case then I will probably want to keep this anemone after all, but nothing is for sure. I will let you know tomorrow as soon as I get back. Thanks

BTW, I'll be at RCA tomorrow delivering some stuff to other members. I'd love one of those tanks also...wish it was in the budget. I mentioned to my husband last night and said absolutely NOTHING! That means no and if you bug me I'll yell at you LOL.

Dena

well...I just saw the ad for the sale tomorrow, and I am seriously thinking about picking up the new solara. If that is the case then I will probably want to keep this anemone after all, but nothing is for sure. I will let you know tomorrow as soon as I get back. Thanks

LOL...My wife hasn't really agreed, but she didn't disagree when I told her so I think I will just try and see what happens. I'm selling a bunch of stuff to compensate the price so I think she will be okay with it