SPS Frags

Dena

I'm trying to help a fellow reefer save some corals since most have died in his tank and he has no time to care for them. He posted to MAAST today and I happen to be in San Marcos so I pretty much brought home half his tank. He lost some really nice and expensive SPS. Some of them have browned out a little bit because his lights were acting up the past month. I have a few colonies of SPS, but need to get the hair algae off them so I'll start with a few frags for now. As I figure out what exactly the corals are as I'm not familiar with SPS, I'll post more. I'm going to try to get the healthy ones out as quickly as possible so I can have more room for the other to heal.

This coral is a tri-colored something or rather LOL. It has blue tips also when it's coloring is right. I have the entire colony and it's about the size around of a volleyball, less a few nicks that I put in it trying to find a spot in my tank.

Asking $10 per inch. Unless I can get a frag tank, this will be fragged on "order" and won't be attached to anything...too big and too many pieces. It is the top middle coral in the photo on the left. I also have the colony to the right of that, but I have no idea what it is.

I also have some pieces of a green slimer...sizes range...asking $5/inch. Smallest is about 1 1/2".

No photos, but also have some purple monti...$5 for 2", $30 for a salad plate sized colony (7"x7") one assuming I can remove it from the rock without breaking it. If you want the rock, I can keep it on it, but there is a little hair algae.

Also if anyone has a 10-20 gallon tank with a MH that I can borrow, please let me know. My tank is a bit crowded and it would be easier to be able to frag as much as I possibly can right away. I will not be making any $$ off of this. Everything that is sold is going right back to the owner who literally is losing thousands because of having to do this. You can see his post on MAAST under "110 Oceanic RR complete UPDATED 7/17/08"

Thanks,

Dena

post-429-1228710899.jpg

post-429-1228710911.jpg

Edited by Dena

Definitely! The guy I'm helping from MAAST is also sending some pics of what they looked like before. I got home after my lights turned off so I couldn't take any last night. My camera sucks too, but I can get some of the monti this evening. I actually two colonies and one is smaller.

Dena

Dena is it possible to buy the whole colony? I have the tri color vadila already. Im interested it the coral on the right! Please LMK!

Thanks

Dustin

These are photos of the monti cap...right now it looks like a dark purple. The first and last photo are of the same piece. The other mostly dead and bleached with a little around the edges that could be removed. The good one is about 5 inches around and the rock...has a shroom on it of some sort...orangish...not sure what kind. Plus I have another small piece that's mostly bleached. $20 for all of it.

Dena

post-429-1228792946_thumb.jpg

post-429-1228793083_thumb.jpg

post-429-1228793099_thumb.jpg