I Got Worms

Nathan Explosion

But all movie referances aside (that was off Dumb and Dumber") I do have some type of worm in my tank, my light turned on this am and I saw these things comming out of my rocks going into the substrate, at first it was just one of them about a month ago. And now there were like 5 of them.

They are a pail white color and about the diameter of......... (trying to think of a good comparison)........ a #2 pencil lead, not the wooden part but just the lead part its self. They are about 3" long that hang out of the rock, and look like tight guitar string comming out of the rock, and usually are only active at night time :shiftyninja: , just kinda wondering if people know what they are and if the are good or bad. Tell ya the truth they kinda gross me out.

Any reccomendations on a reef safe fish that would eat them, or an invertabrite, or some thing, i will try to get a pic of them tomarrow.

But all movie referances aside (that was off Dumb and Dumber") I do have some type of worm in my tank, my light turned on this am and I saw these things comming out of my rocks going into the substrate, at first it was just one of them about a month ago. And now there were like 5 of them.

They are a pail white color and about the diameter of......... (trying to think of a good comparison)........ a #2 pencil lead, not the wooden part but just the lead part its self. They are about 3" long that hang out of the rock, and look like tight guitar string comming out of the rock, and usually are only active at night time :shiftyninja: , just kinda wondering if people know what they are and if the are good or bad. Tell ya the truth they kinda gross me out.

Any reccomendations on a reef safe fish that would eat them, or an invertabrite, or some thing, i will try to get a pic of them tomarrow.

Probably a bristle worm. Arrow crabs eat them, but they aren't bad for your tank as they add to your clean up crew.