RicFreak 20g - So much room for activities!

RicordeaFreak

8 hours ago, jolt said:

Tank looks very nice.  Love the little filefish!  I see room for another frag rack in there, honestly ....

Thanks! I really like the filefish too, picked him up from the aquadome a couple weeks ago. It's fun to watch it swim through the toadstool polyps. Hopefully it continues to play nice and not want to much on coral as it gets bigger. From what i've read about Radial Filefish they should be reef safe.

10 hours ago, Reefpuck said:

Love the rics! They are easily my 2nd favorite piece behind sps. I used to have a bright pink one in my old tank... but haven't been able to find one since.

Where did you get that yellow one from? 

Thanks, they are my favorite coral hands down. I try to grab as many different colors as a I can when they pop up. Its more of a bright orange/green which might be showing up as yellow, but I bought that one from RCA a while back. The florida rics seem to be harder to come across lately.

Here's the one I have that's pink. A bit of an older photo and its seemed to have lost a bit of color recently, but it was not very bright to begin with. I've seen a few online that are crazy.

20180722_230146 - build photo.jpg

The one in the top left was a true yellowish color, but since it started to split its been unhappy. I wish I took a picture of it before it started splitting. I don't know if it will come back around, but I really hope so because finding yellow in florida rics seems pretty rare.

• Like 4

That looks like a beauty, the color is impressive. You are right though, it definitely looks like a yuma.

I haven't had much luck with yuma living longer than a few months for some reason. The longest i've been able to keep one so far is about 8 months or so. I have one right now thats been in my tank for about 5 months, but sadly isn't thriving like some of my Florida rics.

• Like 1