Collection Trip to the Coast?

MichaelR

I'd like to go collecting on the Texas Coast (possibly Port A.) sometime either August 10th, 14th, 16th, 17th, or 18th. I live in Cedar Park (North Austin) and I'm willing drive/carpool down there. If anyone is interested in making a trip down for a day, I can take 3-4 other people in my car so it'll be a first come first serve, so please let me know. The only cost to you is your own food and drinks as I won't ask for gas money.

Is this going to be an overnight trip? My girlfriend and I have been planning to do this same thing for a while now. We were either going to camp or rent a room for the night. I'm off Fri-Sun though so I don't think it'd work out. If you end up going I'd definitely be interested in reading about your trip and what you found.

I wasn't planning on an overnight trip, but I'll be off work Saturday (August 13th) at 7:00pm and don't have to be back home until Sunday night. If that works for you, we can do that. I don't have the funds for a room but I do have a tent and enjoy camping.

Hit up paul le. I doubt he will spring on a trip like this with the kids and all, but he catches his own stuff from Port A too. He might give you some in-site on some peppermint shrimp whereabouts

If you're referring to my kids, they may not be going on this trip with me, but kids are welcome if someone has them and wants to bring them. As for peppermints, I'm not too interested in collecting them as I am a few other things listed here http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/37208-new-to-arc-longtime-marine-aquarist/

Go to the jetty in Port A. Lots of rock nems everywhere! just bring a chisel and a hammer. Dont know the legal aspect of it all, but there are some pretty cool nems between the granite blocks.

I was referring to Paul's kids. Last minute trip with the kids is hard i'm sure. He collects alot. might give him a shout

What is his contact information? I did not see a Paul Le in the members tab.

Go to the jetty in Port A. Lots of rock nems everywhere! just bring a chisel and a hammer. Dont know the legal aspect of it all, but there are some pretty cool nems between the granite blocks.

Do you think the North or South jetty is better for collecting?

I've only ever done it at the south jetty. Unless you have a boat I don't know how to get access to the north jetty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived