2 x Kessil A360WE lights, 2 x Goosenecks and 1 Kessil Spectral Controller

LVB133

For sale:

2 Kessil A360WE Tuna Blue LED light fixtures under warranty (purchased 1/10/2015 and 3/13/2015 respectively),

2 Gooseneck mounts with the 90 degree adapter and

1 Kessil Spectral Controller and auxilliary cable to connect both lights to the same controller.

I suppose an adage for this post could be: out with the new, in with the old...While these lights have performed every inch up to the reputation of the brand that carries them, I've recently changed my lighting configuration from the aforementioned, controllable Kessils to a metal halide/T5 lighting system for my SPS tank to mitigate the shading (really only an issue at the bases of my Acropora) that can be characteristic of any point source LED lighting system. Both of these lights and their controller are less than 10 months old (in other words, well less than one-fifth of their five-year recommended life span) and are both still under the manufacturer's warranty. Original packaging, instructions and receipts will be included.

The current MSRPs for these items is:

$400.00 per light fixture,

$50.00 per gooseneck (with the 90 degree attachment factored in);

$99.00 for the programmable controller.

As they are in impeccable condition and aged less than a fifth of the way through their life cycle, I'm happy (but firmly so) to sell them at:

$250.00 per lighting fixture;

$50.00 for BOTH goosenecks and 90 degree attachments; and

$50.00 for the controller (accessory cable included).

summing to a total of $600.00 for everything mentioned.

Serious inquiries can be addressed via any of the following: reply to this thread, my cell - (512)775-9062, or email - [email protected].

post-3862-0-81535000-1444207311_thumb.jp

post-3862-0-92055000-1444207318_thumb.jp

post-3862-0-74632300-1444207325_thumb.jp

post-3862-0-82724200-1444207332_thumb.jp

GLWS! love these lights, they work VERY well with SPS growth and color.

Expediently agreed! The lights are phenomenal from the points of view of craftsmanship, performance, growth/color enhancement and controllability (with the controller, of course). The proprietary color blending is fantastic, not to mention the convincingly realistic shimmer lines they create. You'll get no argument from that these lights are in fact great for SPS growth and color. The only reason I chose to shift to a MH/T5 system has to do with light spread/avoidance of shadowing at the bases of multiple growing bushy and bottlebrush acros. Of course, equipping more of these LED lights and angling their focal directions properly would work just as well, but I'd need to purchase two additional units in order to do so. My logic was: 1 Cebu sun combo fixture with dual 250W MH bulbs and 4 T5/HO will suffice for my purposes and cost less than the additional 2 new Kessils I'd need to purchase to address my issue. Additionally, if I can sell the 2 lights I've already acquired to an aquarist whose needs better match their function than they do mine, then what would have been a $2000.00 Kessil LED lighting scheme can be effectively reduced to an equally effective $400.00 MH/T5 lighting scheme.

Archived