Thinking of upgrading my lights.

JGon

So I found this on amazon. I like the price but don't know about the brand or the quality. Anybody hear or know anything about this light???

What about the Reef Radiance lights?? Thoughts on those??

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00INM0J1M/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1439592594&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=led+aquarium+lighting&dpPl=1&dpID=517B6Zxc1zL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I wounder the same thing. I think over time you may have issues and the light pattern will be spotty with spots that will not grow coral. But thats just my guessing and would like to hear from someone who has this type of light.

Also theres this one thats even cheaper - http://www.ebay.com/itm/111477963308?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just don't wanna get something that cheap and have problems with it a few months down the road, you know?? I don't wanna get hit by the "you get what you pay for" saying. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I have a chinese version of the first light linked. Used it on my ten gallon:

d0b51439afd1bbb49a4903a2155c3826.jpg

f3a5fc4a4f6ba528992aad66d9ae5c45.jpg

And it worked well enough for me to move it to my 40b when I upgraded. $89, wasn't bad at all

Makena, what are the dimensions of the light??? My tank is a 20g long. It's 30 inches long. Would one light work??

0a8f7f660be44394cf4e71c0a1d56a9a.jpg

Terrible older pic but gives you an idea of the spread on the light. I believe i still have the optics on it as well. You can easily pop them off to get more spread if need be

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

0a8f7f660be44394cf4e71c0a1d56a9a.jpg

Terrible older pic but gives you an idea of the spread on the light. I believe i still have the optics on it as well. You can easily pop them off to get more spread if need be

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

How high above the water do you have it???

It looks similar to the models on Ebay. I've heard mixed reviews on them. The "bad" reviews were bad and the "good" review were okay, but not great.

I read nothing but good reviews on the light I'm looking at. I don't really trust ebay for products like this. Haha. Especially when they're even cheaper. I think I'm gonna take the plunge and go for it. Someone else told me they're actually really good lights.

Archived