Aggressive Pistol Shrimp

JGon

Is it possible for a pistol shrimp to get a hold of a fish and kill it???

I had a firefish that died after I saw him real beat up from the rear. Had no idea how or why. Now I can't find my royal gramma. Didn't see him at all yesterday and didn't see him at all today either. I saw my pistol shrimp lunge a couple times at my greenbanded goby as it swam past one of its burrows. So now I'm starting to think the shrimp is the culprit for the death of my firefish and the disappearance of my gramma. Of course he doesn't do anything to my yellow watchman goby because they're like butt buddies. Haha. What do you guys think???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yup, my tiger killed the Watchman I had in a matter of days. Thought everything was fine but his belly had been pinched. Also my Green Goby had died two days later mysteriously. I blamed my Blue Damsel but I'm sure it was the shrimp.

Yup, my tiger killed the Watchman I had in a matter of days. Thought everything was fine but his belly had been pinched. Also my Green Goby had died two days later mysteriously. I blamed my Blue Damsel but I'm sure it was the shrimp.

My shrimp is super cool with my yellow watchman goby. Like I said they're pretty much butt buddies. Haha. If I take the shrimp out will it affect my yellow watchman goby in any way???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Archived