New addition to tank

offroadodge

Well I have been good, and for the past 3 months or so Ive been watching my stonies grow. The new T5 light is amazingly AWESOME!!!! This weekend I wanted to get a new fish for the tank and i bought a Powder Blue Tank, needed a little help eating some hair algae. The algae isnt bad but i figured what the heck. I was scepticle of buying a pwrd blue cause i know how easy they get ICK. Ive had a coral beauty in my tank for almost a year and he didnt get it so i went with it. All good... And all the books in the world must be wrong, they say they are a herbivore, but Ive tried feeding flake veggies and green seaweed(porphyra yezoensis) and he wouldnt go for it. The thing he does eat is KRILL... HHHMMMM. A meat eater when all the books say a herbivore, what ever makes him healthy. I wish that i could find someone with a good camera to come and take some pics of my tank, my coolpics camera just doesnt do the job. Ill try and get some pics up with it but they wont be great.

The fact that he is eating something is a great step. I have seen so many PBTs waste away and starve. I would recommend that you continue to feed him krill if that is all he will eat. I would thaw out the krill, rinse it in a net under some tap water. Then soak it in a small bowl with some Brightwell Aquatics food soaks. They make a garlic soak, an Omega III fatty acid soak, and a vitamin soak. All 3 might cost you $40-50, but that is still cheaper than another PBT. Make you r mixture and put it in the fridge for a day or so.

Another option is to gut open the krill and stuff it with Nori seaweed. Krill alone is pretty nutritionally void, esp. for a fish that needs a lot of algae in its diet.

Good Luck