Feeding a Firefish

Kaplanm

My fiancee caught something for me. I hadn't noticed that my purple firefish was apparently not eating well. Feeding once a day obviously wasn't enough, but in order to lure him into food he needs small particles in suspension. With the foodstuffs I have it would necessitate overfeeding in order to insure that he's not out competed for the types of food that he likes best.

I think my answer would be to use a suspension of baby brine, the problem is I don't know where I could source a reliable supply. I know they're not amazingly tough to raise yourself, but at this point I'm simply out of space to set that up.

Any suggestions on either alternative food stuffs that'll stay in suspension, or where to source baby brine?

What other tank mates do you have? I have 5 firefish and I do nothing special to feed them. I feed a mix of brine and Mysis and alternate with flakes and pellets and the do fine. I have tangs, maroon clowns, anthias, wrasses etc and they do great.

I only feed once a day. Perhaps you are not feeding enough per feeding. When I feed my mysis and brine, I dump it all in and leave my pumps going. This allows for good disbursement and the firefish are able to get the food that moves lower in to the tank. Oh and I have two dwarf angels as well, a bicolor and a coral beauty. If my firefish can eat with the livestock I have, we can get yours to eat as well. You just have to find the right combination

Archived