OM or Tunze?

hammondegge

I have a nano compared to your tank (125) but I have two 6100 streams and a wave box all controlled by the 7095 multi. I need a little more flow so I ordered the new Vortec pump by Ice Cap. I think anyone who has used Tunze will agree they are the way to go. :)

Tunze pumps are solid. No real plumbing or drilling issues, low power consumption, audible alarm if the pump stops working. They truly are worth the huge price tag. That being said, this is a BIG reef, so why not do both? The wavebox is also awesome but I wonder if you'd need an extension for a tank that large.

tunze says that the WB is rated to 317gallons with 2 suggessted for 449 gallons or more (i guess you're screwed if you land in between). i dont know is setting up both the WB and the OM would be working against each other or not, but it would definitly be pricey.

i am setting the tank up as a penninsula so i can only plumb the small wall, (maybe the bottom - i have to call Oceanic) The installation needs to be compact (no tank room) and elegant (all plumbing under counter) and there will be a prop tank and sump beneath the display, so i think this may be pointing to the Tunze setup.? one operating. Mike, is your system 6'?

Yes I have a 6 foot tank. I have a TUNZE wave box, as well as a TUNZE Jetstream(non controllable), and TUNZE Powerhead(7140?). I also run a mag 18. I have the controllable powerhead plugged into my wave box converter. That way they both turn on and off at the same time to create a massive wave. I have the jetstream faceing the wave box, and the mag return faceing the wave box, and that thing still produces waves. Do not get me wrong some adjustments to the frequency have to be made butt nothing speacial. It still wants to spill waves over the edge.

I have always owned a TUNZE, and always will. They make top notch stuff that no one can compete with. It would be a good move. I was thinking about an ocean motion, butt came to the conclusion that if you are trying to conceal plumbing, etc then the TUNZE is the way to go. The OM would require some plumbing and since you are trying to hide everything this wouldn't work. Plus the plumbing takes up critical space that your sump, and fuge could use.

Sorry I will step away from the keyboard butt I hope this helped any.