Ridiculous Sweeper Tentacles

ACampbell

Andrew I am totally jealous of your problem. None of my brains ever extend sweepers. I think it's because I feed heavy and therfore they do not feel it is necessary to send them out.

Seahorse I too would think that you have medussa or pasketti worms. Although I have had several LPS come back from the dead. Each one I knew immediately what was happening as I could see the actual coral growing, not a mysterious hidden section. Some were skeletons I got at Aquatek to seed my tank when I set it up. Another back to lifer was a hammer I bought and immediately broke the 4 heads apart into single branches (was going to split it witha friend). All but one head survived. I kept the dead algae covered piece near the top of the tank only because I forgot about it. Then one day about 5 months later I noticed about 12 tiny green spots, thought I was imagining it. It has completely grown out and is my favorite hammer. I've been told never throw an LPS away. Keep it in the sump or the tank and try putting it back in the light 6 months later as they sometimes do come back.

Andrew,

Those sweepers are a lovely defense/feeding mechanism employed by your coral. The sweepers can actually grow longer and longer by the day until they're able to reach other corals in their proximity.

Unfortunately the only perscription is A BIGGER TANK blob7.gif