Continuous Water Change Systems

ReefHaus

I've been researching different ways of setting up continuous flow water changes for the 75 gallon build I'm working on.

Does anyone have any experiences to share?

I was just reading about someones experience with the the Genesis Reef Systems product that recently came out, versus Litermeter 3:

http://genesisreefsystems.com/product/renew-basic/

Website shows "Out of stock" for both the models they sell. Makes me sorta curious...

This was the response from Genesis reef systems when I inquired about the availability of their product:

Good morning Alex,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

Yes indeed, unfortunately the RENEW™ is completely out of stock. We experienced higher than expected sales of the RENEW™ recently, and to compound that we are currently working to find an alternate source for a component that is no longer being produced. Once we find the alternate, qualify it, and get it into production we'll have the RENEW™ back up there for sale, so please keep checking back. At this point, I anticipate that it will be sometime early next year before that can all be accomplished.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Kevin

Genesis Reef Systems, LLC

8216 Princeton-Glendale Rd #221

West Chester, OH 45069-1675

In my new build I will be doing this, I just got a litermeter III with an extra pump, I have a reefkeeper elite that I will be getting their ATO sensor I will also get an extra pump for my ro/di setup and make my ATO and my water changes automatic, I hope to get this done by end of month

In my new build I will be doing this, I just got a litermeter III with an extra pump, I have a reefkeeper elite that I will be getting their ATO sensor I will also get an extra pump for my ro/di setup and make my ATO and my water changes automatic, I hope to get this done by end of month

Sound's like a really cool build. Have you started a thread yet? I'd love to watch it evolve. From what I've seen out there, it appears that the Litermeter III is the pump-of-choice for continuous change systems.

How do you plan on plumbing it?

I'm very interested in seeing how people have incorporated plumbing water changing systems because I'm building a tank right now, and I may want to add this down the road. Plumbing can be a real bear to retrofit, and I'd like to ensure the upgrade path's there when I'm ready to do it.

Until then, I'm planning to do manual changes from a 15 gallon salt mixing station that is currently sitting next to the tank. I'm close to convincing myself to go ahead and just incorporate it into the new tank build right from the get go. Still gestating.

At a minimum, my goal for the current build is to avoid sloshing buckets of water through the house. I'm already there with an ATO resevoir and a salt mixing station, both supplied by RODI on tap at the display tank, pumped in from the laundry room. Next step would be to advance it to a continuous change setup.

http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/32580-new-build-270-tall-with-29-cube/#entry254114

It's there, but the tank is still been prepared at Niko's Reef, the big tank is ready the smaller needs to get drilled and new top trim for it to be ready, my goal is to get it the week of thanksgiving and sand and stain the stand, then do the 3D background, after that the fun begins.

Actually I'm between awesome and what the hell I have done mode, I have to remove and transfer everything from my 150

Archived