Trying a HS tank again. FOWLR

Makena95GT

f5f86c1d6b348604f53980cc058e844d.jpg

717222e07e29f6638d91f23627c2b5f6.jpg

We have this four foot 30 gallon tank up front. Mr. Smith wants to have a saltwater setup again. This time around itll be done more proper. Ill be contacting companies and stores to see how they can help as well.

He was thinking reef. I told him no way. Just stick with the t5 light he has and do a FOWLR.

861b015746c650903400f1e69c37da85.jpg

I have a bucket of some dry rock. Not very large pieces but itll help. We'll probably be starting with mainly dry rock and a few nice pieces of live rock to get it seeded. Im thinking about going BB with this tank to make maintenence easier and have less of a chance of a huge crash as well as when he takes it home over the summer he wont slosh around the sand bed and ruin it.

So right now im also brainstorming stocking ideas. I do have some glass covers that fit pretty snug on the top so I have toyed with the idea of an eel.

Or we can go for color with a lot of small fish. Possible to do all Damsels? With a pair of clowns?

Its not a very large tank but it does have length on its side for swimming room. Thats why I was thinking about a smaller eel. Snowflake?

I havent really gotten a good reading on my trust level for this years students. So far... its reaaaaally low lol

I def am not planning on buying a new light for this thing unless its donated or something. I dont want to blow all of my money on this tank when I have my own that needs new stuff at home.

So far the first class of kids I saw cant follow directions to save their lives. And I got asked "do you work at PetSmart" by 4 kids.. I was wearing my uniform. -.-'

Archived