Dead heater

FishyCat

This is most certainly one of "those" questions that I have never been able to get a straight answer on. I was actually thinking about the exact same thing last night. Funny? I use these Stealth heaters. Some people however don't like them. This article has a pretty good section on heaters. I know I have had the super cheap heaters fail. I have also read some horror stories about really expensive heaters.

I didn't answer your question. I just had to weigh in with my experience.

I have used a number of heaters: AP Rena Cal Top Light, Jager, Via Aqua, Stealth, and Aqua Medic Titanium w/ controller (this would not be a real choice for a smaller tank like yours). Similar to 'Donkey I have heard complaints about Stealth, but they work best for me. I like that they are shatter proof and mine have kept a stable temperature for over 18 months. I would recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

After having a glass heater get a pin whole shatter in it and electrocuting my entire tank :) and then having an expensive stainless one some how decide to fritz and heat my tank up to 90 degrees, I have bought the stealth heaters. No shattering and I am getting them in the smaller size so that if one does decide to go crazy, I wont have the problem of it being able to heat my tank up to that level on its own. Several small ones are better then big ones. Course yours is a small tank, so you cant add several, but just adding my experiences in. Good luck with the new heater.

Jill