Picasso clown help

FrankenBakon

Hello everyone!

Ordered some picassos and was told they sent me "grade A or extreme" picasso... Is there a grading system? I love the one where all the stripes connect but it's got a weird gray head instead of black is that normal?

post-3564-0-39496700-1405447741_thumb.jp

Nice looking clowns there. They will continue to darken up as they mature. The gray is probably orange transitioning to black. Rob (MrCobb) is a local clownfish breeder and can certainly give you more info on the breeder's grading systems. It is mostly French to me. Lol. You should shoot him a PM. He is always extremely helpful.

Here's a better hopefully right direction pic.. And ok thanks I wasn't sure if the whole top of the head would get black or not it had me nervous that maybe something was wrong with it.. Not too shabby for $80 a pair IMO

post-3564-0-68538000-1405449808_thumb.jp

My understanding is that abnormal white barring is Grade B, 2 white bars connecting is A and all 3 white bars connecting is Extreme. With that understanding, I would say you have 2 A grade Picassos.

Thanks so much Woods! that was the kind of info I was hoping to find.. I thought I had read or heard something similar in the past but was unable to locate quick info with a google search. Its always nice to hear others say you made a good choice and these weren't even wyswyg just a random addition to my reef cleanup order cuz I knew I wanted picassos and figured if i didn't like their markings id either trade or turn them into sump clowns lols

Archived