my little 3gal Pico

iflytoohigh

I'm getting back into the swing of things with my Pico. It's fully cycled and i'm starting to load it up with some shrooms and zoos.

Thanks to Woods for the sweet deals! The shooms are really doing well. However, I think I need to upgrade my lighting. I think i'm going to build up an LED array for it.

so far so good.

Bg1xjOJ.jpg

beautiful tank! I have 2 picos running right now and spend more time on them than my big tanks! I love em. After a lot of lighting headaches; searching for the right led, the right fixture, and of course the right price. Id recommend the rapid led retrofit or nano kit, pretty sure they come with 6 3w's of your choice. Im also running some wavepoint micro sun fixtures, the super blue and daylight setup, and have to say im really impressed with the display spectrum, and growth so far for the price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id recommend the rapid led retrofit or nano kit, pretty sure they come with 6 3w's of your choice. Im also running some wavepoint micro sun fixtures, the super blue and daylight setup, and have to say im really impressed with the display spectrum, and growth so far for the price point.

I'll have to look into that. I was looking at a thread on nano-reef about custom LED set ups. I was thinking about just buying a heat sink and some LEDs and a dimmer and wiring it up. It would probably be cheaper than buying a kit.

haha i have a few reds if you don't have some yet. Oh ya, i went down that rabbit hole aswell when setting up my fluval spec haha I looked at buying everything individually and it ended up being 2$ cheaper than the kit from rapidleds -_-

ill also note that the whites end up never getting run past 30-40% before the tank gets to warm or bleaching occurs, and i have my fixture almost 12" above the water!

haha i have a few reds if you don't have some yet. Oh ya, i went down that rabbit hole aswell when setting up my fluval spec haha I looked at buying everything individually and it ended up being 2$ cheaper than the kit from rapidleds -_-

ill also note that the whites end up never getting run past 30-40% before the tank gets to warm or bleaching occurs, and i have my fixture almost 12" above the water!

I don't have any reds yet! i'll gladly take 'em!!