RODI in Georgetown

Deanfe

Make sure who ever you get water from treats for Chloramines (or treat yourself). Georgetown water has given a lot of people problems.

Shouldn't an RODI system already treat for chloramines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure who ever you get water from treats for Chloramines (or treat yourself). Georgetown water has given a lot of people problems.

Shouldn't an RODI system already treat for chloramines?

Yes and no. There are chloramine RO filters that remove chloramines, but they expire quite quickly and with the city of Georgetown periodically pushing chloramines into the city water (with no warning of course), it is a good precaution to treat with a chloramine remover such as Instant Ocean Marine Conditioner or Seachem Prime.

Several of us have had tank issues and as far as I know, after using one of those products, the risk is minimized greatly.

Wow. I'll have to look more into this and also what the city of San Marcos is putting into my tap water.

It's sad that I don't mind drinking it but once it goes in my tank that's a different story! Lol

I would definitely call the city and get the water report online. More than likely if they have treated with chloramines in the past, then they will continue. I'd rather add a capful of prime/marine conditioner than lose my tank to chloramines.

Archived