Reef octopus 1000int

ludakris

I'm guessing overflows? I've got the 5000 model and it is hyper sensitive and prone to overflows. Most of the time it happened when my primary return pump was off and the sump had an extra inch of water in it. I solved this issue by delay starting the skimmer 3 minutes after a feed cycle.

Well I tried a stand today and didn't get any positive results. It still overflowed and didn't give me any ability to tune it. One thing I did discover is that it is taking in tons of air. I put tape on one of the holes on the intake and put a valve in the other hole. It allowed me to control the overflowing and was nice to know that I might had solved my problem. We'll now I have another problem. By adding a valved to regulate the air intake It has made the skimmer produce tons of micro bubbles that r making it to my return pump and in return filling my display with bubbles. Good thing I am just setting everything back up and getting back in the hobby and not having this issue with a tank full of livestock. So anyone have any suggestions on controlling these pesky bubbles

Also, here's a list of things that sends my skimmer into overload and takes several weeks for the carbon to clear out the water enough to run my skimmer again:

1. Any amount of epoxy putty

2. Large amounts of super glue

3. Some of Dr Tim's additives like First Defense

4. Chemiclean cyano remover