Has anyone tried these LED

Mako

Hello just looking around for future build, Has anyone tried or heard any information about the

"Dimmable 165W LED aquarium grow light full spectrum fish tank reef coral LPS/SPS" fixtures on Ebay? just curious.

I use them on four of my tanks. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. And for anyone who has seen pics of my corals, you can see they love them too. I keep softies/zoas, LPS and SPS under these, along with RBTA's, and everything does great. Color is great, growth is fantastic......no heat, no changing of bulbs. As far as I'm concerned, unless you want the bells and whistles of thunderstorms and custom programming, these lights are great. And, since I live in west Texas, I don't need simulated thunderstorms. Be aware, these lights are par monsters. They are much stronger than you think they are. Start out very low and gradually increase your lighting. Otherwise you will cook stuff.

I've been running them a couple of years now. The only problems I've had are ones I caused by turning them up too high at first. As far as the lights themselves, I have had no problems with them at all.

I have the 120w blue/white, dimmable LED's from Ebay and I've had no problems either. I will probably sell my fixture and go full spectrum now that I'm keeping more corals. 7 months without problems and I run my blues at 50%, whites at 60%. Fixture is mounted 8 inches above the water.

Archived