Jebao WP 25 (Nice Wave)

Lamont

I picked up a Jebao wp25 from a fellow ARC member and i cant believe the difference. I have been wanting more flow in my 58g tank since i set it up 4 months ago. When i plugged this pump in it blew my coral and rocks over. Some have had a mixed expereince.so far so good with me. I went through all the Modes and decided that I like (W1) with the S2 speed setting. I have another on the way through Niko's group buy. I will use it as a back up. Here is a quick video of my settings on my tank.

And the Night mode.

I really like my Jaebo - you can't beat the price.

The controller is pretty cheaply made. I frequently struggle with the light sensor (either not being plugged in - or not having enough 'light' to trigger the daylight mode) and some of the other settings are a bit sketchy. For example - sometimes when switching between modes the pump will 'stick' into the previous mode until you 'jiggle' the handle.

All in all though - when its' set up - you hardly touch the controller any more. So for 70.00 I can put up with a little funkiness. I have a great wave in my tank and it keeps the sand bed free!

I agree with you about the sand bed being free. It stays free now, nothing settles. How long have you had yours? So i can pay close attention around that time frame and see if mine will be doing the same as yours. I it also depends on the mode you keep it on. I heard that sensor works when your day setting is on W1. Thats the only setting i use . the others push my sand too much.

I don't use the light sensor on any of my WP40s or WP25s. I figure it is one more thing to hassle with and my controllers are inside my stand so they wouldn't work anyway.

I was thinking about doing my set like that also, but just wanted to try out the night mode.

I agree with you about the sand bed being free. It stays free now, nothing settles. How long have you had yours? So i can pay close attention around that time frame and see if mine will be doing the same as yours. I it also depends on the mode you keep it on. I heard that sensor works when your day setting is on W1. Thats the only setting i use . the others push my sand too much.

I haven't had mine a long time - month, maybe 2 tops. I use the W1 setting - it's the only one I could really get a good wave setting on. I was hoping the 'ELSE' setting would be fun but it seemed as if my pump was just on a constant 'ON' and not randomized.

As long as it detects the light OK - the light sensor works - but again - it's just a little cheaply made. For example - if you have it on FEED mode, and somehow cover up the sensor (like with your hand - which is easy to do) - then it ends up knocking the pump out of FEED mode and back to whatever Mode you have locked.

Deal breaker? Nah - but I might eventually just remove the sensor and keep it on the wave setting.

Else mode is really only useable if you have some source of flow OPPOSITE the jaebo, that way the streams will meet at varying points and create random chaotic blasts from the streams fighting back and forth. I have a large toadstool in the center of my tank with a wp25 on the right and a koralia 1050 on the left. I can observe the polyps getting blasted every which way randomly as the two pumps flow hits at different points based on the strength of the wp25 in else. Hope that makes sense. It's great for that ppurpose. As a stand alone pump though, wave mode is best to avoid static flow. It SEEMS like it's just a constant on in else mode, but turn the knob all the way clockwise to the slowest setting and stick your ear up to the pump, you can hear it ramping up and down randomly.

It's a great pump for the price. Had mine for 6 months now, with no issues on the controller. Never used the night sensor. Didn't see the point. Ocean currents don't die down at night. One thing to note...the reports of them dirtying up are understated if anything. In 2 weeks time my jaebo goes from too much flow to not enough. W1 with a clean pump causes the water to reach the top of the tank over the rim...after 2 weeks, it barely moves at all. I think it's something in the impeller design. Must not have enough torque to combat dirt on the impeller. For the price it's worth trying if nothing else. Sure...I'd love a tunze or a vortech, and I'll get one eventually, but the jaebo was a worthy risk.