Melanurus Wrasse

aeroaustin

Howdy Reefers,

Anyone had experience with Melanurus Wrasse in your tank?

I think about the next fish shop for my tank. I attracted this fish and very colorful fish. I started falling in love with wrasse, because of their characteristic is very odd than other.

I wonder that fish is unavailable to find? I will try ask LFS to get one for me.

If I get one and there will be three wrasses in my tank and maybe few month later the next is Scott's fairy wrasse.

I love the melanurus wrasse (Halichoeres melanurus), although they can be a little nippy around shrimp and can eliminate a colony of pods in hours they're a great little fish and i usually try to keep them in stock. what other species of wrasse to you have?

rufus

Howdy Reefers,

Anyone had experience with Melanurus Wrasse in your tank?

I think about the next fish shop for my tank. I attracted this fish and very colorful fish. I started falling in love with wrasse, because of their characteristic is very odd than other.

I wonder that fish is unavailable to find? I will try ask LFS to get one for me.

If I get one and there will be three wrasses in my tank and maybe few month later the next is Scott's fairy wrasse.

I love the melanurus wrasse (Halichoeres melanurus), although they can be a little nippy around shrimp and can eliminate a colony of pods in hours they're a great little fish and i usually try to keep them in stock. what other species of wrasse to you have?

rufus

Currently I have sixline wrasse, checkerboard wrasse. They loves to eat arctic pods everyday..

what is rate the cost for Meanurus Wrasse?

Looks very similar to an Ornate Wrasse. I have one of those and it is my favorite fish. It is possible it could go after snails or hermits, but I think if you keep it well fed it should be ok.

Really, I think I have 5 red legs crabs, and about 15 ceriths snails and five astrea snails. I am sure I will feed them more to prevent Melanurus can nip or eat snails.

The Melanurus and checkerboard wrasse are of the same genus and body structure (more or less) and may (or may not, but probably will) fight. I usually have them at $30.00 won't have any in till next week (after the 7th) they got bumped from my order.

Rufus

Currently I have sixline wrasse, checkerboard wrasse. They loves to eat arctic pods everyday..

what is rate the cost for Meanurus Wrasse?

Really, I think I have 5 red legs crabs, and about 15 ceriths snails and five astrea snails. I am sure I will feed them more to prevent Melanurus can nip or eat snails.