Ever been hypnotized?

KarenM

I don't eat vegetables (other than green beans, carrots, etc). Can't stand the taste, smell, or texture of them. I've fought this my entire life. What adult doesn't eat vegetables? it's ridiculous, but I'll literally gag if I try. I also don't eat any kind of seafood or salad dressing, no mayo type stuff, no sour cream, no cheesecake. I'll eat beef once in a blue moon, but would rather have chicken or turkey. I WANT to eat healthier and lose weight, but even moreso I want to eat the same things that the other people are eating when we go out. I love Subway, but I won't go there when it's crowded because I'm embarassed to order just turkey and lettuce in front of everyone. it's always a huge deal when I leave vegetables on my plate. I have older siblings that tease me to this day. My 12 yr old daughter teases me. Co-workers tease me.

I've tried everything from dieticians to having people sneak veggies into dishes they're serving. I even tried spraying Chloraseptic in my mouth so i couldn't feel or taste veggies, but I ended up biting my tongue and cheeks. A friend quit smoking using hypnosis and suggested I try it to encourage 'cravings' for vegetables. I'm not sure what my feelings are about hypnosis, but they lean more toward not believing in it.

Has anyone overcome these bad eating habits, or has anyone changed any bad habits with hypnosis?

I don't eat vegetables (other than green beans, carrots, etc). Can't stand the taste, smell, or texture of them. I've fought this my entire life. What adult doesn't eat vegetables? it's ridiculous, but I'll literally gag if I try. I also don't eat any kind of seafood or salad dressing, no mayo type stuff, no sour cream, no cheesecake. I'll eat beef once in a blue moon, but would rather have chicken or turkey. I WANT to eat healthier and lose weight, but even moreso I want to eat the same things that the other people are eating when we go out. I love Subway, but I won't go there when it's crowded because I'm embarassed to order just turkey and lettuce in front of everyone. it's always a huge deal when I leave vegetables on my plate. I have older siblings that tease me to this day. My 12 yr old daughter teases me. Co-workers tease me.

I've tried everything from dieticians to having people sneak veggies into dishes they're serving. I even tried spraying Chloraseptic in my mouth so i couldn't feel or taste veggies, but I ended up biting my tongue and cheeks. A friend quit smoking using hypnosis and suggested I try it to encourage 'cravings' for vegetables. I'm not sure what my feelings are about hypnosis, but they lean more toward not believing in it.

Has anyone overcome these bad eating habits, or has anyone changed any bad habits with hypnosis?

my dad is a hypnotherapyst. my word he will not stop at the miracle cure it is. people stop smoking, pains going away, depression etc. he says yes you can get over it with hypnotherapy... good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I lost 30lbs in the last 2 months on Nutrisystem. You really have to have the will power. I tried hypnosis for eating and smoking and I think it's more of a placebo effect that makes people think it works. If you have the will to get hypnotized then you probably have the will to change anyway. That's the secret. I quit smoking and am eating better, but all that happened a couple years after I tried hypnosis.