ID and help

haze152

First let me say I ALWAYS dip new corals in luigis solution and have only bought zoanthids from 2 place in the last week so I am pretty sure were I picked it up at. When I got home from work today I found this on my glass. ( see pic below) I am pretty sure its a nudibranch. I had a small colony of king Midas Zoa's which are now closed. I pulled them out right away and dipped them. Of coarse nothing in the water but a couple pods which I excepted because at this stage I am assuming the eggs are already in place. I looked at zoas under magnifying glass I didn't really see any eggs. what is the best thing to do at this point.

1. Toss the infected zoas out and call it a loss.

2. Dip all of the Zoas in the tank ( 25 are so different types). If I dip them how should I go about it. Normally when I get new Zoas I take 1 gallon out of tank add 40 drops of luigis use turkey baster for 15 minutes then do a quick 1 minute RO/DI Dip.

post-3107-0-05299000-1374624830_thumb.jp

Do you have a way of isolating all the zoas? You could do a peroxide or bayer dip. If you have the ability to keep them separate, you may just need to watch and manually remove any nudi's if they pop up again.

I'd be worried about eggs being elsewhere in the tank at this point.

I spent a few hours last night looking over all the zoa I didn't notice any eggs but I know they can be hard to spot. No I don't have a way to isolate them. I'll just have to keep my eyes open and do rodi dip every few days. I will also buy a wrasse today.