I got my tomini!

KarenM

Pics in the gallery.....excuse the lousy camera.

They were finally able to trap him last night and I picked him up earlier today. So far there's been no fighting, though I can't figure out if he and the foxface are going to be friends or enemies. The tomini picked the foxface's corner to hide in. If he's too low to the sand, the foxface headbutts him. And when he rises up a little in the water the foxface rises with him, staying right next to him. The coral beauty has checked him out and is disinterested now, but the dottyback hasn't spotted him yet. I'll post pics later when he's out of the corner.

Thanks, Troy, he's beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...
Pics in the gallery.....excuse the lousy camera.

They were finally able to trap him last night and I picked him up earlier today. So far there's been no fighting, though I can't figure out if he and the foxface are going to be friends or enemies. The tomini picked the foxface's corner to hide in. If he's too low to the sand, the foxface headbutts him. And when he rises up a little in the water the foxface rises with him, staying right next to him. The coral beauty has checked him out and is disinterested now, but the dottyback hasn't spotted him yet. I'll post pics later when he's out of the corner.

Thanks, Troy, he's beautiful!

How's your Tomini doing?

I'm trying to decide on my next fish and a Tomini is high on the list. I'm looking for a tang that doesn't get too big and will peacefully co-exist with coral beauty and percs.

He's doing great, and is very peaceful. He will still only eat frozen mysis (I feed mysis, krill, arctipods, Marine Cuisine, etc) but he really tears into the algae sheets. He's friendly and outgoing and always busy picking at the rocks. He swims all over, but doesn't swim the length of the tank. he's best friends with my Foxface Lo and they just cruise around together.