My poor Pistol

Dhayden

So I got a pistol/goby pair from aqua tek the other day with 2 small margaritas. I had my reservations against taking the stuff and should have put them on hold since they had literally just been taken out of their bag from being shipped. the pistol was a nice red/white, pretty small, and the banded goby is litteraly 1/4" to 1/2" tops. It was going in my 3g. In there is a golden banded shrimp. Only thing I was worried about was the fish, being very small and possible food for the banded.

End of story.. Acclimated everything and went home. Came back the next day, thoguht all was dea :(. I found the little fish holding up in a small cave still alive. Something killed the pistol...looks like he went into a molt or something, even that thing was only 1/2". 1 snail hardly moving, 1 dead. Kinda bummed, should have asked them to hold them, I think two moves in a couple hours was too much, but Im not sure. I dont think the banded would have taken down the pistol, but any opinions? The pistol was pretty active when I left? Kinda bummin, was a 65$ pair :(

Params on the tank ore perfect.

Is your ph still low and your alk still high as it was in your other thread? What about nitrates?

Snails and shrimp are VERY sensitive to these. The shrimp need a slow drip acclimation to your water.

It is possible that a banded shrimp attacked the pistol, as they can be territorial especially in 3g tanks! But I would look at the ph and the acclimation method. Get the ph straightened out first before any new additions.

Yea my thought too on the holding, I asked Bruce what he thought, he didnt think I needed to worry about it.

As far as PH this is on my 3g. not my 20g that i have been messin with the ph on. Heck the 3g is stable as heck, eheh. Go figure.

Los the fish today as well :(. My own fault really, I should have insisted them to put the pair on hold for a while. However, I may not buy another item from that store again. Heck they dont even sponser us. Shame on me for even going there cwm21.gif