What's your favourite 'fuge dweller?

Peter Gott

Do you love watching your refugium? If so, what's your favourite critter in there? So many unique animals can pop in refugiums...but even the common ones like amphipods can be a lot of fun to watch.

I love watching refugiums so much that when I made my latest system I actually made the fuge to be every bit as much of the display as the main tank. And there are sooooo many cool critters in it that it's hard to choose, but tonight I finally decided that, simple though they are, I love watching the mysis shrimp the best.

For me it Crabzilla (aka emerald crab)!!!! Ask Pham...he saw the little monster yesterday. He'd been knocking stuff off, breaking corals loose from the rocks they were glued to, turning rocks over that had shrooms on them etc.

I was feeding my sun coral last night and he was trying to push the plastic bottle off to get to the food. I guess he was a little pre-occupied...I grabbed my claw thing and before he knew what was going on my claw grabbed his claw and away he went! He actually didn't seem to mind...he immediately went to work eating.

Hahaha that's awesome! I have a coral banded shrimp that I call Shrimpzilla in my main tank. He is bigger than even my fish, and in my aquarium where everything is bonsaied intentionally to make the reef look bigger than it is, this shrimp is giGANtic! And his personality is just as big. It's awesome how much personality inverts have.

Archived