JBJ Nano Custom

guarajoe

Hello Fellow Reefers. I've been a member for a while and this is one of the few times that i posted in the forum.(I always get my answers while browsing ARC) but i need help this time. Have a 12 gl JBJ nano custom and the plastic cover for the lights is coming off, the screws won't tighten any more :angry: . How can i pull the lid of so i can get to my problem and fix it? Also i need to replace the cooling fans. Any idea where i could buy them. Thanks in advance. :wave:

It sounds like the holes in the top of your cube are stripped. You have a couple of options. One would be to just use a tiny bit of silicon at the screw holes. It will hold the splash guard, but you will also able just to pry the guard off when changing bulbs. The other would be be to try and use a SLIGHTLY bigger screw. Last would be replace just the outer part of the hood. You can find them pretty cheap on ebay. I have seen whole hoods on ebay(lights, fans, etc...) for cheap as well.

To pull the top off: Just open the hood and push the lid back it should snap out of the hinges. Be careful they are easy to break. Then just start taking screws out and pulling things out of the hood. Eventually, you will get to the fans. You can go with a stock fan or go with a fan that puts out more CFM. I believe those fans are 12v so any computer fan that is the same size will work. You might just try cleaning the fans. When small fans like that get dirty they slow down a ton. On our 12g nano they fans get real dirty and the dirty is thick and gunky because of the humidity so close to the tank.

BTW Welcome. I am glad you posted. Starfire and I both have run 12g nanocubes in the past and can offer advice.