Picasso Trigger Care

sifuentes31

So i just picked up a Picasso Trigger from RCA yesterday and he is still a baby. Maybe a little over an inch or so. I've read up on them and he can have a tempermant when he gets older and larger but i wanted to know if any of you guys have them. If you do, what do you feed him? How is he with other tank mates? Anything i should know or any tricks? I have read up on the triggers but i would really like to have your opinions and views. Thanks again....

post-2319-0-13418300-1355931335_thumb.jp

HAD A SINGLE PICOSSO IN MY FIRST FLOWER 55G, BUT LITTARLY COULDNT ADD ANY THING ESLE,,VERY AGGRESSIVE AND WILL GROW OUT OF A 55 PROB WITHIN A YEAR AND A HALF, MEATY FOODS, KRILL, SCALLOPS, DONT MIX WITH CRUSTATIONS, MAY PIC ON SOME CORAL, OTHER THAN THAT A VERY COOL FISH WITH A COOL PERSONALITY, LOVED HIM MYSELF BUT LIKE I SAID I HAD TO GIVE HIM AWAY A LITTLE OVER A YEAR

Yeah that's what Jake at RCA said. So feeding him, do you just toss the food inside or do you hand feed him? And i'm already working on my 150gl already. Hopefully next month i'll be ready to set it up....For right now he's the last guy in my 55. He's been very active and swimming around already and everyone is getting long. He's actually started swimming with my Yellow Tang. They swim everywhere together....

AFTER MINE WAS COMFORTABLE HE WOULD COME TO THE GLASS BEGGING FOR ME TO FEED HIM AND SHOULD EVENTUALLY EAT RIGHT OUT OF YOUR HAND, BUT FOR NOW I WOULD TOSS SMALL CHUNKS IN THERE,IF HE IS THE LAST AND NOT PICKING ON ANY BUDDY THEN YOU SHOULD BE GOOD FOR AWHILE, BUT WHEN THE MATURE THEY GET MOR AGGRESIVE, BUT SHOULD BE TOTALY FINE IN THE 150, AND A REALLY COOL FISH

I have only had a Niger trigger, unfortunately him and my coral beauty didn't get along, so they both had to go...I to loved the design, personality, and the way they swim. I fed mine a variety of meaty foods and pellets...feed by hand with caution. I was expecting my trigger to be a bully but he turned out to be really chill...except when the angel would mess with him. Mine also liked to burrow and rearrange rocks.

Triggerfish is also known to be one of the smartest fish species around with this view shared within the group of experienced marine hobbyist who has kept them before as pets. They are known to be able to grasp simple pet training to perform some of the coolest tricks like swimming through hoops and although I’ve never seen one being performed before, what I know is that they are known to be able respond to signals and make some peculiar noise by grinding their teeth to denote that they understand and acknowledge your intention. But NO, they don’t bark like a dog does but that is somehow enough to convince some people to try and experiment it out themselves. Some triggerfish are very tame in the sense that they can get pretty close to their keeper (up to the extent of allowing belly rub) but somehow, there are also reports of triggerfishes attacking and biting their owners and injuring them with their strong jaw.