I think I need to trade my clam

KarenM

I think it's a derasa clam (from Aquatek). I've had it for about 5 months and I would say it's about 4" long. It's stuck to a 4" rock and it seems to be healthy. I has a tiny bit of coraline algae on it's shell. However I have PC lights and in the new tank it has to be balanced right at the top of a large rock to be close enough to the lights. That's not a good place for it, and it ends up face down in the sand about 3 times a day. He's a nice clam, just kind of sits there and minds his own business. :D

I have no idea what it's worth, but seems like I paid about $30 for it and it's grown some since then.

I don't have a whole lot to trade...got a couple of small elephant ear shrooms still. They sell for about the same. The edges right now aren't nice and smooth, but should get better with growth. I had a smaller one that I bought injured and ended up cutting it into four pieces. I've got two attached to tiny rocks and one attached to a shell. Almost lost one when my husband knocked my Pagoda on it and didn't tell me...it was melting the poor shroom...he said "oh, I did that". Yeah, it figures!

Dena

I would also like it. I have a bunch of different Zoas I could trade you.

What colors do you have? I'm trying to brighten things up, you know how drab it looks right now.

Actually I just realized who I was talking to. You can just have it since you spent all evening setting up my new tank. :D

Wow. Thanks! I will still give you some Zoas. I have a lot of them. If you want to come and get them it would give you a chance to see my tank. I live in N. Austin near Braker and Metric. I am leaving to go camping for the weekend so Mon. would be my first available time.

My Maxima clam.

Wow. Thanks! I will still give you some Zoas. I have a lot of them. If you want to come and get them it would give you a chance to see my tank. I live in N. Austin near Braker and Metric. I am leaving to go camping for the weekend so Mon. would be my first available time.

My Maxima clam.

OK, it's a deal. I can't make it on Monday, though. I might can on Tuesday, depending on what my daughter has planned, but I'll try and make it soon.

I'd love to see a picture of your clam. The blue thingy in his last picture is his clam silly.

Sorry, I don't have a pic of it. My apologies to you and Dena, but since Gabriel and Craig spent so much time and energy upgrading my tank for me, they get first dibs. They literally did everything for me while I just asked stupid questions and got in their way.

I'd love to see a picture of your clam. The blue thingy in his last picture is his clam silly.

Hey, did you see my reply in the cheato thread? Erik has some bagged up and ready for me (he lives by Mopac & 290W). If you want it, you can have it since Sean is giving me some. If not, I'll get it.

How on earth do you get the colors to come out so much? I take photos and everything looks white or just blah! And my tank is clear, but it's not that nice blue look and I've got that Coralife light with the 2 150W MH and 2 96W actinics...not fair :D( I want pretty pictures like yours!!!

Dena

I didn't know clams came in blue. :D

I didn't know they came in different colors other than blue until I started surfing sites that I can't buy from. I'd love to get a little 1-2 inch clam for my 3 gallon tank...just can't afford it.