What is Ph of your RO water?

Dhayden

Mine is 6.5 - 7.5 after coming out the RO/DI. It makes sense you're seeing a high PH as Austin water is extremely hard (limestone aquifer) and the ph out of the tap is between 10-12.

*note

This is why you shouldn't drink RO/DI water, the PH is far too acidic and bad for our teeth... plus it tastes metallic.

I thought a ph of 7 give or take was considered neutral. I have always drank my R.O water.

They had a thing on the news the other day about how bad it was about drinking faucet water. I forgot what chemical was too prevalent butt it was deffinately faucet water, and it was something to do with affecting teeth. I think the chemical was flouride.

Reverse Osmosis (R.O.) is one of the most convenient and economical methods of effectively reducing unwanted minerals in your drinking water. Drinking water treated by R.O. can be improved far beyond what filters alone are able to achieve.

Reverse Osmosis is the process by which water molecules are forced, by water pressure, through a semi permeable membrane. Most of the impurities and other unwanted minerals are carried to the drain while the refined water is routed to a special reservoir.

I discussed this with a guy from BuckeyeFieldSupply a while back. He explained to me that DI (mine has a ph of 9-10) is considered by some to be too caustic for consumption in that it may contribute to the thinning of tooth enamel. drinking water should be tapped before the DI resin and after the RO membrane. 7.0 is a neutral PH.

True True. And many Ro/DI systems will come with a final stage after the DI that adds minerals and taste back in to the water. Of course these are for drinking units only, and shouldn't be used for aquariums.