Marine Color dosing pump?

etannert

Has anyone used the Marine Color dosing pump? Seems like they are basically a knockoff of the Bubble Magus. It's a newer product, seems to have come out in early 2012, so I haven't been able to find too many reviews, though the ones I've seen have been positive. I already sent some questions to the manufacturer and got an answer within 30 mins, so that's a good sign. I would love to get a Bubble Magus, but this is about half the price (even shipped from Hong Kong).

There's also a slightly older knockoff dosing pump called the Marine Magic, also with very positive reviews, but it doesn't do some things the Marine Color does (auto dosing, retain time during power outages) and is slightly more expensive, so I'm really leaning towards pulling the trigger on the Marine Color...

Unfortunately quite a few of the items we purchased are manufactures over seas. And with advances in online shopping its possible to find the same product with another name. They can over produce what the company is ordering from them. This allows the mfg company to pad their bottom line. All the r&d and engineering is done. I've had good luck most everytime due to this process. Problem is usually no local support and warranty service.

- Ben -

Archived