brine

chatfouz

I put the frozen cube in a brine shrimp net and rinse it under cold water. I think it was Cindy who told me to do that.

Make sure you rinse w/RO or saltwater. I do this for my seahorse tank....trying to minimize the pollution in their tank. Entropy (Rich) can tell you how big the seahorses are ----his family was at my house last week. I think they look pretty healthy IMO and they're getting their nutrition.

-Cindy-

I understand what you mean, and what I have learned so far is that every tank is different because of livestock, water conditions, etc. So you're saying that even though your tank is the right size, other things make it to where there's not enough for him to eat, right?

Where I'm getting confused, and I'm just too new to totally understand it without some further breakdown, is that if I'm growing pods in a separate 1 gal tank and putting a good amount in the 40 gal tank daily, how could the mandarin not find enough to eat? And by "good amount", I mean enough considering my other fish, too. I guess the main thing I don't understand is, if you're producing the pods in a separate tank, what does the size of the main tank have to do with it? I understand about larger fish needing larger tanks, etc. But I don't understand why a fish as small as a mandarin needs a larger tank if I'm adding the food to the main tank.

BTW - Thanks for your time and sharing your knowledge and experiences. Without it us newbies wouldn't learn and there'd be far more mistakes.

Because you can't produce enough pods in a 1g tank to feed a Mandarin. I have even read of people that bought pods in the bottle and fed that daily and it not working. The reality is the Mandarin eats more pods than you can produce unless you have a huge tank with few, hopefully just the Mandarin, predators. There are a few people that have managed to get a Mandarin to eat mysis or Formula 1 pellets, but I think that is the exception to the rule. Once again I ask, why risk it? There are some many other choices.