Cardiff reef build.

Capt. Obvious

So I decided to get my future wife (as in "sometime in the future we will be married" not as in she owns a time machine) a gift (Note: not for any holiday, unless you count president's day or late groundhog day) to surprise her when she comes to visit in a few days(she is finishing her Masters degree in Chicago and visiting for my birthday).

I got a 24 gallon Current Cardiff and immediately wanted to upgrade to LED...and here we go :)

Pics to come, forum is not iPad friendly :(

The plan thus far:

Retrofit the glass round PC pendant with a 15k Kassil A150W LED

Upgrade the stock current skimmer to a Modified Tunze 9002

Add Algae Turf Scrubber to media rack section

Toss the bio balls

Add a Vortech MP10W

And a reef controller of some sort (RKE?)

Thoughts?

The plan thus far:

Upgrade the stock current skimmer to a Modified Tunze 9002

Add Algae Turf Scrubber to media rack section

Toss the bio balls

Add a Vortech MP10W

And a reef controller of some sort (RKE?)

Thoughts?

Personally I don't like DA products, worked with an RKE for a couple months on a large tank. It has been known to randomly turn lights on and off and change the time settings, the lights had to be put back onto mechanical timers because the RKE was unreliable. Contact with their tech support is dreadful. Surprisingly though I love my apex, and their tech support responded within 2 hours of my email on a Sunday.

The plan thus far:

Thoughts?

Please share how you plan to retrofit the LED. I have the pc pendant currently on my cardiff. Did you see my post about the nano algae scrubber I put on the back of mine?

yes, i did...and it is on the plan now as well.

I scrapped the plan to retro fit into the pendant as the Kessil on an arm doesnt look too bad without a cover

...but I was able to retrofit it in the pendant, the problem was the chrome "arm" that comes with the cardiff, the Kessil cord has a male - female connector and fishing the cord through the chrome arm was impossible due to the size of the barrell connector on the kessil...so I bought the kessil arm cause I am lazy and it was cheap ($40)