Repurposed Aquamedic Reactor

Mcjudge

I was reading through some guys 20k G build thread mentioned in different thread. Of particular interest to me was his degassing tower that he built. I was having the same problem with my calcium reactor and decided to remove it from my newly started tank.(Low PH) Back when I had a planted tank I had an Aquamedic Co2 Reactor which was used to mix the Co2 with the water. My thought was that reactor in design, functions the same way his degassing tower worked, just on a smaller scale.
So here is my thought can I use my old aquamedic reactor as a degassing tower.
Link to said
reactor
Setup
So the idea is to use an eheim 1048 to run water from my skimmer chamber to the top of the reactor and down through it exiting directly into the same chamber.
Hook up an air pump probably rated for like a 10 gallon aquarium with air control valve to what used to be the intake for the Co2. The intake for the Co2 has a tube that runs through the reactor bio balls and exits at the bottom of the reactor.(the air floats to the top of the reactor.
The reactor also had a Co2 exhaust line located at the top of the reactor to off-gas any excess Co2. This is where I would connect the output for my calcium reactors effluent.
The effluent enters the reactor into the stream of tank water and is sheared over the bioballs with the air that is rising up through the reactor.
Anyone see anything wrong with this idea? Because I would love to come up with a good reason to use that old reactor of mine.
Cheers!