Golden Coral Banded

Dhayden

Got a new little shrimp for my 3g nano. Only living thing in there cept 1 snail and 1 hermit. Anyway. Poor thing hasnt eaten, from what I have seen anyway. He hides a lot, kinda figured that, but. Been putting a mini pellet or two in there every day or so, figure he will hunt out for it at night. Its in my office so I have no idea if he has :). Think I should worry? Also, if anyone has experience with a tank this small. You think I could get a mandarin to survive in there, just off the pods? Would love to have one small fish but trying to figure out what. Some sort of Goby most likely.

Considering my office is in a hotel. Shimp chunks are easy :). Thanks for the thought. Ill keep yall updated. What a cool little shrimp :D never seen one of these before. Ill be on the lookout for maybe a clown goby or banded one if I kand find one cheap.l

Also, if anyone has experience with a tank this small.  You think I could get a mandarin to survive in there, just off the pods?  Would love to have one small fish but trying to figure out what. Some sort of Goby most likely.

There is no way to get a mandarin in a tank that small. Even if you supplemented pods weekly the bio load would be just to much. Consider the following fish:

You could only do one of these.

-Blue Neon Goby

-Catalina Goby [cold water]

-Clown Gobies

-Eviota Gobies

-Panda (Clown) Goby

-Redhead Goby

-Trimma Goby

-Yellow Neon Goby

-Citron Goby

-Green Banded Goby

I personaly recommend the panda goby. They are awesome.

Check out this link for more info.

Great link. Thanks much. I cant tell you how amazed I am with this little 3g. I think because it doesnt have 150x water movement my other tank has. Plus its right infront of my face on my desk. There seems like sooo many more pods and stuff going on. Besides no fish. I let this tank cycle with just rock for a couple weeks. Amazing the life and color I got in there. Just wish that shrimp would show itself a little more. Tried to build a ledge for him to perch under. But of course hed rather be behind the rock :)

I got some "scrap" acryllic from Austin PLastics for like 15 bucks. PLayed around with a blow tourch bending 2 corners and using weld on for the rest. Put in a black valance "fake" back wall and put in a few really tight like 2"x2" baffles that hold the heater, some floss and the small pump. Its not incredibly pretty, I dont own a routing table, but Im proud of it. It dont leak :) Anyway got a small pump and a 10" 26w light fixture from catalinaaquarium, pretty impressed with that light. Tank is about 14x8x12h. I will post some pics in a few days. BTW where do you tink I could find one of those pandas, neat lookin fish, never seen one. I would hate to mail order one fish. Maybe Carlos or Steve at Horizons would order me one.