Miami Hurricane disappearing eye

C Lo Slice

I just got home from work and everything is looking good in the tank except for my Miami Hurricane. I bought it as a 7-eyed frag from a fellow reefer back in August. It has been growing steadily and has seemed very happy. I just noticed, however, that one eye has died just since this morning when I left for work. The only changes have been temperature. I turned my heater up just a tad this morning to make it 78 rather than 76. Also, when I did my water change on Monday, I picked the frag up off its spot to pick some hair algae off the frag disc. Could either one of those things have led to its sudden turn for the worse? I want to nip this in the bud before too much more damage happens. Thanks guys

If a third is white, it is going to have to decide for itself if it wants to live. MAYBE breaking off a healthy edge opposite from the necrosis will help preserve at least a little of the colony. Get your calcium/alkalinity/magnesium checked.