My First Reef Tank... (40 Gallon)

j_schoggins

So i figured I would start a thread to document the progress of my first reef tank. I have posted questions and introductions in other categories (and thank you to everyone for the warm welcome and recommendations), but I thought in efforts to document progress I would start my official tank build topic with pictures.

Current Set-Up:

40 Gallon Tall tank

Emperor 280 filter

CPR BakPak2 protein skimmer

CoraLife 36" T5 HO Lunar lighting system (2 10K, 2 Actinic, 2 LED)

40 lbs of live rock

35 lbs of live rock

The tank cycled pretty quickly as I used very good live rock from other people who were breaking down established tanks, so I added a clean up crew fairly quickly to take care of the hair algae.

I have also added some live stock a little while later and the current tank mates are a pair of black ocellaris clowns, and a diamond spotted goby. I also added a $5.00 frag of zoa just to see how it went. Everything seems to be going very well right now so maybe in the next few weeks I will decide to add more coral to add some color.

100_6492.jpg100_6498.jpg100_6497.jpg

I will donate some green star polyps if you like, add lots of movement and flow, could probably pull some xenia too. very hardy corals

Thanks for the offer and I would greatly appreciate that, and would be more than willing to give $ as well. If you wouldn't mind I will PM you in the next week or so. I definitely want to make sure I am making the progress needed and would like to also do a nice cleaning eliminating ALL the small amount of algea I missed last cleaning before adding anything else. But man have you got me excited now!

Archived