LED's for a 29g Biocube

AquaJohn

I am looking into getting the rapidled.com retro kit for a 29g biocube I am resetting up.

I am wondering what color led's I should go with in there kit for the 29 ? just the stock wite and blue they send or should I go with one of the warmer color whites ?

What other items will I need to install the kit right :) I know most kits dont have all the bells and whistles what should be purchased to make a very clean install.

and what dimmer should i get the 48 d or p I have no clue what the differance is .

I have never done a light before but I do know how to solder well and have full access to a cnc machine shop and fab shop. If it goes well I will probly make my own heat sink for my 110 gal and go from there.

thanks for any input

The drivers (ELN 60-48P and ELN 60-48D) are both dimmable but you need to know what your going to dim them with. The P will take the controller Rapid LED Sells and a few reef controllers. The D will work off a potentiometer and a few other reef controllers. I got all P's on my purchase from Rapid LED but wish I would of looked into it a little more because I want to be able to dim my moon lights with a potentiometer and can't. Only the D model works with those.

Check out my build in the DIY forum

Edited by scottyk