Koralia Nano vs JBJ Oceanstream pump

Inland Reef

I've got a BioCube 29 that I want to add a bit of flow to.

I was going to pick up a coupld Koralia Nano (425gph) pumps for that purpose.

I just noticed that MDepot has 2 JBJ oceanstream 550gph pumps and their lil wavemaker on sale for $65.

I know the Koralia pumps are pretty standard and are tried and true. From what I've read, the JBJ's are rebranded Koyu pumps that have been around for years. While cheaper made, they seem to have favorable review and no complaints. A friend has the JBJ 28g cube and it comes standard with their wave maker, and he has been completely happy with it. It's not Super adjustable, as it's 8s -10min, but seems to be a decent bare bones wave maker. I've seen the specs on the Koralia Nano's and they seem to be tiny at about 2" diameter. I haven't found exact specs on the JBJ's.

I'm not too concerned with the difference in flow rate in my lil cube.

Reviews for both pumps has been very favorable, so it's looking like the JBJ's wouldn't be a bad choice for now. Eventually I plan on getting a controller for the Nano, but in the mean time, the JBJ would be a bit of a bonus in that I could get a bit of change in the circulation vs. just going with two of the Koralias.

My question is if anyone has first hand experience with the JBJ pumps and can give me personal feedback. Having experience with both would be great!.

Any thoughts in general on one vs. the other?

Thanks and any feedback is appreciated.