D'oh... fish trap fell on Monti frag

Mindflux

The fish trap I'm using fell on one of my small superman monti frags and broke a little section apart. It's not entirely separated from the original frag. Should I just let it be or snip it off and put it on it's own plug or will it heal over time?

Depends on what you want.

If you want one big colony, right now; then leave it alone and see if it fuses together. If there is no base to stabilize it, then it may break away anyways.

If you want to have two separate colonies, or you want to trade/sell it, then move it to it's own plug.

If your tank is doing good, and it's happy, then it'll grow relatively quick. So it'll either heal up pretty quick, or you'll have a good sized frag in short order.

Personally, I'd break it off and make a new frag out of it. You'll have more options in the long run.

Cool, one to keep, one to sell :)

I'll let it grow out and give it to someone looking for a frag when the time comes. I can't wait to give back something to the community that has helped me so much!

Cool, one to keep, one to sell :)

I'll let it grow out and give it to someone looking for a frag when the time comes. I can't wait to give back something to the community that has helped me so much!

That's awesome man. It's what makes this community a great one to be a part of.

I've also been impressed and very happy to see the spread of aqua culturing. As an avid diver, it breaks my heart knowing that our reefs are being plundered for a hobby. It was one of the moral dilemmas I had when I was in the hobby many years ago. I'm proud to say that the two tanks I started up and been stocked with captive raised corals only.

• Like 1