Sailfin Rescue

mikemcd

I purchased a nice Sailfin Tang off of Lamont today without doing my research and found out unfortunately when I got him home that my Yellow will not tolerate his presence! By some miracle I was just able to catch him, but probably because he is stressed out!

I am rehoming him immediately. Just ask that you try to get him tonight if possible! I will be up until midnight and live in N. Austin (Anderson Mill). Would like to get him in a tank tonight or at latest tomorrow night if possible.

He has some SHREDDED fins, but hoping somehow he'll make a comeback.

Call me on my home 250-8813 or call/text cell 970-1767 if you want him. Just would like to see him go to a good home where he has more of a chance.

Michael McDermott

Is it a Pacific or a Red Sea Sailfin? There is a big difference..

I know for fact that the Red Sea will be fine with the yellow tang... I have had both in my 135 for quite some time.. I did have a yellow tang before I got the saifin and they got along fine.. My yellow ended up dying of unknown causes, but the sailfin was never aggressive towards the yellow tang. Several months later I purchased another yellow tang.. They fought for about 48 hours and now they swim with each other and graze all day.

Good luck with the re-homing.. I'd take him, but I have 2 tangs already and that will not go well. :)